I have been reading writing prompts this evening. Here are a few of the ones that I have come across. I think these are good for getting the creative juices flowing.
1. Write a made-up magic spell, including ingredients, chants, and actions. Now, turn it into a poem.
2. You wake up in a darkened circus tent, wearing a bright blue and yellow clown costume and a fluffy red wig. There is a dwarf standing over you with bucket of water. “You okay?” he asks. Write this scene.
3. Only two weeks into the New Year had passed and Sean had already broken his first resolution: Don’t kill anyone. Write this scene.
4. You wake up chained to the wall of a medieval torture room. The torture devices are laid out on a table in front of you. Write this scene.
5. Write a letter to yourself that you will open in six months. Include your current accomplishments and concerns, and remind yourself of one thing from today that you want to make sure “future you” does not forget.
More of these writing prompts can be found at Writer’s Digest Writing Prompts at: http://www.writersdigest.com/WritingPrompts/?p_nStart=1