While I continue thinking of creative uses for candy canes for tomorrow’s writing prompts (you thought candy canes were only good for sucking on?), I pulled a few photos off of a post by Matt Stopera on Buzzfeed. Any of these 50 inexplicable photos could prompt a story. Here are five that I pulled.
1. I wonder if John Irving had seen this photo prior to writing “The Hotel New Hampshire.” Why does the bear have his hand on the woman’s shoulder? Why is she sitting on the bed in her shift? What has transpired between them?
2. Why are these two posed as they are? Is this a wedding photo? What has gone between the two of them? Why is one of the figures wearing a deep sea diving suit? Is this Captain Nemo’s wedding photograph?
3. What is up with the woman with the dark glasses? Why does the man have his back to the camera? Is this some kind of steampunk polyamory? What is the story between these three individuals?
4. Armadillo or space alien? How did a daguerrotype come about of this creature? What is this creature?
5. This naked lady looks pretty pleased with herself. Who is she? Are men just interchangeable heads? What is the story with her mannequin/android/love doll?
Because even more writing prompts are even more fun, you can find writing prompts at Jo-anne Odell’s blog at: http://jmodell.blogspot.com/