In honour of the cold and the white snow, all of these writing prompts this week have to do with the colour white.
1. Your point of view character finds a blank piece of paper. They start to put it in the trash and the word “Help!” mysteriously appears. What do they do? How is the paper capable of having a message on it?
2. A whipped cream pie comes flying at your point of view character and hits them in the side of the face. Who threw the pie? Why? Where did it come from?
3. Your point of view character is trying to walk home in a blinding snow storm. They keep walking and walking. They walk up to a house they think is theirs. Their key won’t fit the lock. What happens next?
4. Your point of view character is a space explorer on a far off planet. The mission has scanned some caves and it appears as though the caves may hold life forms. Your point of view character is wearing an orange jumpsuit and enters the caves with a flashlight. Refracted and reflected light bounces off of crystals and everything is calcified. An alien creatures moans in the darkness upon the introduction of light and color. What happens next?
5. A friend of your point of view character accidentally cuts their finger and bleeds white blood. What happens next?
During the holidays a fellow writer that I know named Jo-anne Odell was also posting writing prompts if you want more writing prompts check out her blog at: http://www.jmodell.blogspot.com/2012/01/twelve-drummers-drumming.html