All of these writing prompts have to do with various stages of life that people go through.
1. Your point of view character is an 80 year old woman who is writing what will be the last entry in her diary before committing suicide because she feels she has lived her life. Where is the story set? What things does this character write to loved ones? What are her remembrances? What moments or thoughts does she want to make sure are passed on for others to read?
2. Your point of view character is a worldly explorer who dies suddenly and his/her consciousness is transported into a new born baby. How does this character approach this experience? What do they notice?
3. Your point of view character is a middle aged man who becomes aware that while he is successful, dependable, etc. he has not lived his life how he had always dreamed of. What are his dreams? What does he do about these dreams?
4. A homely girl fantasizes being beautiful after being snubbed and bullied by the popular girls in her high school. She goes home to sulk and a strange magical woman steps through her closet. The woman invites the girl through the closet to a place where she is beautiful. What happens?
5. A young boy who was bullied grows into a man. He learned the techniques of bullying and how to be ready to defend on the school yard. Can he learn to be kind? Can he learn to be vulnerable? Does he? What motivates him?