Continuing with the gift of writing prompts:
1. Write a story in which you evoke the feeling of “home.” This could be your home or it could be the home of a created character.
2. Set your story in a fantasy world and create a holiday with a mythos. What would be the name of the holiday? How would it be celebrated? What would be the myth and who would be the characters in the myth?
3. The world that your point of view character lives on only has winter every twenty years. What would winter mean to them? How would they prepare for it? What would be the characters’ reactions to snow?
4. Your point of view character lives in a totalitarian state in which writing anything too provocative could get them killed. They write a beautiful treatise that shakes the core of the country. Describe what happens.
5. Your point of view character is the personal historian to the King and Queen. What do they write? How do they view their job? What is the day to day life like in the castle?